When it comes to choosing an IT support company for your small or medium sized business, there are certain things that you need to factor into your decision. But when it comes to the most important considerations, is location one of them?
In today’s world the ability to work anywhere is possible, thanks to advances in technology and data connections. There’s no longer the need to be based in a physical office, and many of today’s companies are based out of several different locations such as home offices, which gives their staff complete flexibility about where they work.
When it comes to outsourcing IT support, the ability to work remotely means that your chosen IT support company can be based anywhere. This may mean they are just down the road from you, or that they are located in a different part of the country. The most important thing is that when you need them most, you will be able to get in touch with them – whether that’s on the phone, email, or by them visiting your office.
When it comes to considering a remote IT support provider, there are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind, such as:
• What skills do their team they have? Do they have IT qualifications and certifications that showcase their skills and experience of different software packages, programmes and technology?
• What types of company have they worked with in the past? Have they worked within any industries that are similar to yours, and have they got any testimonials that they can share with you? Or even better, can you contact any of their clients directly to ask for their feedback?
• How cyber secure are they, and how will they keep your data secure too? Any good IT support company should always practice what they preach!
• How dependable and reliable are they? What kind of service level agreement can they provide you with? If the worst should happen and you require immediate support, how long will it take for them to call you or visit your offices? How will they minimise the amount of downtime?
• How good is their customer service? Will you have access to a dedicated IT support manager who will manage your relationship on a day to day basis?
• What types of IT support will they provide? What software is covered? Will they also provide support for mobile phones and tablets too, or just desktops and laptops?
At Mintivo we’re the IT support experts. Located in Chippenham Wiltshire, we are a Wiltshire IT support Provider, but not only do we have a collection of customers across Wiltshire and the South West, but also across London and the whole country.
With a wealth of experience in the design, implementation, management and support of infrastructure projects such as servers and storage, networking and connectivity, security and software solutions, we’ll work with you to provide a tailored solution that meets your needs and supports the ambitions that you have for your business.